Responsible Travel Policy. Terms & Conditions
Responsible Travel Policy
To provide affordable yoga holidays run by a small team of dedicated people with the core principles of honesty and transparency . Providing organic veg from the land, producing our own electricity and harvesting spring water to create a self sufficient community for the guests to experience with the opportunity to learn.
One day each retreat we offer an alternative treatment day, Reiki, Reflexology and Massage, carried out by 2 fully trained local ladies, We give them spaces to work free of charge.
We have a little shop of local produce which is all stocked from suppliers in the Murcia we do not use large internet based suppliers.
We support the local donkey/dog/charity. The RR team help support directly a family of 5 in Ghana by paying for their school fees,clothing and contribute to emergency medical situations.
We recycle all our own waste grey/black water and composting toilets . Electricity is supplied from our own solar system. Water is from a natural spring which there is a cooperative, this supplies 4 other homes.
Guests are invited to learn and if they want help with every aspect of how we operate this off grid center.
We grow all our vegetables, if we do need to supplement supplies we use the local market. The guests can come with us on these trips, giving them the opportunity to purchase from local traders.
When shopping we use reusable hemp bags for veg, using old olive jars for storage.etc.
We only use organic bathroom products some home made and we encourage people to reuse plastic bottles by operating a deposit scheme on products bought in our little shop.
Being at the base of the Sierra Espuna national park , we have many lovely walks we encourage everyone to collect litter if seen and bring back for recycling.
Terms and Conditions
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The customer shall pay P. Walters owner of Rustic retreats a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of the sum of €140 due for each person named in the reservation.
3. The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer to P Walters owner of Rustic Retreats on the date specified on the information sheet provided.
4. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
5. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable, as mentioned in 2:
Cancellation 12 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
Cancellation less than 12 weeks but more than 8 weeks weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
Cancellation 8 weeks or less before due arrival date 0% refund.
5A Bookings or cancellations are not transferable
6. Due to teacher cancellations or other situations beyond our control, P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements will be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
7. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats is not held liable for flight costs.
8. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
9. The customer shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats and its guests, staff or owners.
10. The customer shall keep all P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats villa/tents fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
11. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
12. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time and appropriate insurance.
13. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport.
14. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or yoga activity.
15. The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats. The customer must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing yoga or pilates. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats is not liable for any injuries to the customer in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if he/she is feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries.
16. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
17. In the event of a customer having any complaint then he/she will not discuss this with any third party and shall notify the manager as soon as possible.
18. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the customers stay or travelling to and from Rustic Retreats holidays.
We recommend that all customers have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats retains all copyright license rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.
Any user of the website has to be 18 years of age or older and agrees to be entirely financially responsible for all charges and other fees arising from use of the website.
23. P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats accepts no responsibility for keeping the website up to date and will not be liable for any loss by its failure to do so. We are not responsible for the contents of any links displayed on our website.
24.This agreement is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of The European Union
25.The parties shall endeavor to settle any dispute by direct agreement and negotiation but;
26. If direct negotiation does not result in resolution of the dispute either party may request that it be referred to Mediation in accordance with the CEDR ( Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) Mediation Rules at present in force.
27. Any dispute that's not settled by direct negotiation or Mediation shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules.
Our Commitment To Privacy
P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats will not pass on any of the customers details to third parties without the consent of the customer.
P.Walters owner of Rustic Retreats is committed to protecting your privacy. The storage and use of any information that we collect about you will be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The type of information we might collect includes: your name, address, phone number and email address. Our aim is to ensure that any information we hold is accurate and up to date. However, if you find any inaccuracies, we commit to delete or correct it promptly. We will never collect sensitive personal information without your explicit consent.
All payments for Rustic Retreats are made by bank transfer payable to Mr. P. Walters set up by the customer.
Bank details are passed on to the customer once an email request has been sent.